So I started off with some lofty goals and quickly realized my limits. I had done a few tutorials and I thought I had a good enough grasp on the whole development thing to produce a small game every week or so. I wanted to use the 1st edition D&D monster manual as a source of a weekly jam theme, although I don’t think I really knew much about game jams at the time.
Looking back it seems I tried my hand at stencyl for the first time, and hit that learning curve hard. I feel like only in the past several months have I really started to understand how to use stencyl fully. No games came out of this, and most of my time was spent trying to discover how to actually pull these ideas and systems together into a game.
I think I might actually go back to the monster manual games idea, I’m much more confident with my ability to actually be able to make some of this stuff happen.